Household Recycling - Superior
Our program is a NO-SORT RECYCLING program.
Simply place all your acceptable recycling materials into the blue-lid recycling cart.
We provide biweekly recycling in Duluth, Hermantown, Proctor and Superior. Visit our pickup schedule to check the schedule. If you continue to use a bin system, your bin should be placed next to your garbage cart.
- Place carts at least three feet apart
- Place both carts out by 6 a.m., or the night before your pickup day
- Place away from parked cars, trees, fences, mailboxes and other obstructions
- Place with handles and wheels facing your home
- Place cart wheels as close to the curb as possible
- Lid of cart should be closed if possible
- Unhook any temporary bungee cords or tie-downs you may have used to secure the lid
- For more information on cart placement, CLICK HERE.
Your Recycling will be picked up Biweekly:
Recycling will be picked up every other week on the same day and location as your garbage cart. Carts must be out by 6 a.m. or the night before your pickup day. Please place your recycling cart or bin 3 feet from your garbage cart.
We will collect the following recyclable items:
• Paper Products — newspaper (including all inserts), magazines, catalogs, telephone books, office/computer paper, shredded paper, envelopes, mail, chipboard/paperboard (like cereal boxes) and corrugated cardboard. Shredded Paper: Please place in PAPER BAG. Cardboard: If cardboard does not fit in recycling cart, cut into 2' x 2' pieces, flatten and place next to the cart.
• Plastic Products — bottles and containers with #1 through #7 on the bottom (discard pumps). NO PLASTIC BAGS will be accepted, they cannot be recycled at our facility. They can be dropped off at most local supermartkets for recycling.
• Glass — bottles and jars, clear, brown, and green colors are accepted (remove caps and lids and place in garbage). NO BROKEN GLASS will be accepted.
• Metals — tin and aluminum food or beverage containers are recyclable, as well as empty aerosol cans (please remove plastic tips).
NOTE: All items MUST BE RINSED CLEAN for recycling.
We cannot recycle the following items:
- cat litter pails
- drinking glasses
- furnace filters
- large plastic buckets
- light bulbs
- oil / antifreeze containers
- packing peanuts
- paper plates
- paper towels
- pet food bags
- pizza boxes
- plant containers
- plastic bags
- plastic film / wrap
- pots / pans
- scrap metal
- scrap wood
- small appliances
- tupperware / food storage containers
- yard waste
- window glass